Director Identification Number (DIN) refers to an identification number allotted by the Central Government to any individual, intending to be appointed as a director or to any existing director of a company, for the purposes of identification as a director of the company. Such Director Identification Number (DIN) shall also include a Designated Partnership Identification Number (DPIN) issued under section 7 of the Limited Liability Partnership Act, 2008) and rules made thereunder. [Rule 2(1)(d) of the Companies (Appointment and Qualification of Directors) Rules, 2014]
The following information/details can be updated by way of filing e-Form DIR-6 with the concerned Registrar of Companies (RoC):
- Name of the Director/Designated Partners
- Date of Birth
- Voters Identity Card Number
- Email ID/Mobile
- Photograph of the Director/Designated Partners
- Aadhaar Number
- Father’s Name
- Passport Number
- Permanent residential address
- Residential Status
- Income-Tax PAN
- Driving License Number
- Present Residential Address
- Approval of the Central Government for updation/changes in the particulars of Director Identification Number (DIN) [Rule 12]
- Abstain from possessing more than one Director Identification Number (DIN) [Section 155]
- Married women, who are having Id proof with their maiden name, can submit marriage certificate along with application for any change in their
- In case of change in the applicant’s name, gazette notification is must with form DIR-6.
- Intimation of Changes in the Director Identification Number (DIN) Particulars [Rule 12(1)]:
*Note: In case of proofs that are in languages other than Hindi/English, the proofs should be translated into Hindi/English by a professional translator carrying his details (name, signature, address) and seal.
- Every Director Identification Number (DIN) holder in case of any change in his/her particulars as furnished inForm DIR-3 must intimate about such change(s) to the Central Government within 30 days of such change(s) Form DIR-6 along with the stipulated fees and scanned copy of the following documents which are mandatory in all the cases:
- Proof of change in the furnished particulars
- Identity Proof of the director/designated partner (Income-Tax PAN is mandatory in case of Indian Nationals and Passport is mandatory in case of Foreign Nationals)
- Residence proof of the director/designated partner (Bank statements, electricity bill, telephone bill, utility bills, etc. which shall not be older than 2 months from the filing date of the e-form in case of Indian nationals and not older than 1 year from the filing date of the e-form in case of Foreign nationals)
- Any other optional attachment (s) as may deem fit.
- Such form is required to be digitally signed by Chartered Accountant in practice/ Company Secretary in practice/ Cost and Works Accountant in practice.
- Ruling of the Central Government [Rule 12(2)]:
The Central Government upon being satisfied and after duly verifying the changed particulars from the enclosed proofs, shall incorporate the said changes and inform the applicant by way of a letter via post or electronically or in any other mode confirming the effect of such change in the electronic database maintained by the Ministry.
- Directors KYC [Rule 11(2) and 12A]:
- Every individual Director Identification Number(DIN) as on 31st March of a financial year as per the Companies (Appointment and Qualification of Directors) Rules shall submit DIR-3- KYCfor the said financial year to the Central Government on or before 30th, September of immediate next financial year together with fees as provided under Companies (Registration Offices and Rules, 2014.
- In case an individual has already submitted e-form DIR-3 KYC in relation to any previous financial year, and further submits web-form DIR-3 KYC-WEB through the web service in relation to any subsequent financial year then it shall be deemed to be compliance of the provisions of rule 12A of the Companies (Appointment and Qualification of Directors) Rules for the said financial year.
- TheDirector Identification Number (DIN), of an individual shall be deactivated by the Central Government Regional Director (Northern Region), or any officer authorized by the Central Government orRegional Director (Northern Region) in case the respective director does not furnish his/her particulars in e-form DIR-3-KYC or the web service DIR-3-KYC-WEB as the case may be within stipulated time in accordance with rule 12A of the Companies (Appointment and Qualification of Directors) Rules.