Our client is a prime runner in the Integration of IT and Network Technologies. It offers multimedia solutions such as multimedia projectors, professional displays; engineering services such as product lifecycle management, project engineering, CAD security; IT Platforms including servers, storages and thin line systems. It has more than 100 years of expertise in technological innovation to provide solutions for empowering people, businesses and society. Headquartered in Japan; started India operations in 1950s.
Client expanded its India business from telecommunications to public safety, logistics, transportation, retail, finance, unified communications and IT platforms, serving across Government, businesses as well as Individuals. With its center of excellence for analytics platform solutions, big data, biometrics, mobile and retail. It offers advanced new services and solutions for India and Global Markets.
Our clients India business can be summed up as IT (Offering IT product & Services to India clients) & ITES (Offering support services to Global counterparts and clients).
Our client is operating in highly competitive business. It is offering various solutions and services in India and abroad and has business setup in Japan, Singapore, USA and India
- Global leadership is highly conscious; zero tolerance expectations for any non compliance.
- Complex business structure in India.
- Have IT & ITES businesses running independently, but being part of same legal entity.
- Both businesses operates under same legal entity; but does compliance and filings separately. At times, ownership of single compliance rests with multiple users
- Common Legal & compliance team, but few functions have separate teams.
- Unclear ownership & responsibility matrix
- Bringing everyone on same page of expectations w.r.t. Legal Compliances management
- Co-ordination with internal and external users to get status of compliance on monthly / quarterly basis
- Tracking frequent changes in Laws & Compliance; understand its impact on business
- Leader in Integration of IT and Network Technologies
- More than 100 years of expertise in technological innovation to provide solutions for empowering people, business and society
- Established in India in 2006; headquartered in Tokyo, Japan
- Operates out 13 locations (IT Hubs & multiple SEZs) across 6 states & 9 cities in India – New Delhi, Noida, Mumbai, Pune, Bengaluru, Hubli, Chennai, Ahmedabad, & Surat.
The client chose to implement GCMS solution offered by Lawrbit after evaluating alternatives available in market.
STEP 1 – Business Discovery
Our legal experts engaged with client’s functional users to understand aspects of business impacting laws applicability:
- Locations, Nature of Establishment
- Product / Service portfolio
- 3rd party vendors, service providers
- Industry Specific Obligations
STEP 2 – Compliance OBLIGATION
- List of applicable laws shared with Functional Heads, Project SPOC
- Discussions with Functional SPOCs to clarify their queries
- Identified process gaps and helped client to fix basis best practices
- Identified and finalized compliance obligations applicable on the business in consultation with Functional SPOCs
- Finalized Ownership & responsibility Matrix for each compliance obligation covering internal and external stakeholders
Compliance Owner –> Approver –> Group Owner
STEP 3 – APPLICATION SET UP
Configured basis information gathered:
- Location & Department Master
- User Master, access rights for CXOs & Auditors
- Mapping of laws to location & functions
- Responsibility & Authority Matrix for compliance
- Event Trigger Rights & Approval Matrix
- Pre & Post Compliance responsibility mapping
- Before Go-Live, test environment was provided to users for training and practice; increasing user acceptance
STEP – 4: USER TRAINING & Go-Live
- Multiple sessions for end users
- Online / VC based trainings for users at remote locations
- Follow up help desks to resolve any Post Go-Live support issues
- Training Manuals and Ticket Centre
Client now enjoys the benefits of our lifetime support
- Regulatory Updates are provided on Near Real Time basis without any manual intervention
- Application is hosted on SaaS, so no involvement from client’s IT team for application support
- Technology updates, upgrades and new features are introduced on regular basis
- Head of Risk & Compliance has real time view of compliance status & ownership matrix
- Everyone’s on same page with understanding and sensitivities of compliance obligations
- Resulted into better visibility, transparency and accountability in the system
- The initiative was well received and appreciated by the global legal head
- Management’s reliance on analytical dashboards, regulatory updates is high
- Helped client reduce cost of compliance
- 200+ Applicable Laws & Rules (Central & State, all locations)
- 8,500+ Compliance applicable
- 50+ Users – India & Global
- Compliance Service providers given system access & training
- Remote business discovery and training sessions for users at branch levels; reduction is cost and time of implementation
- Created complex compliance reporting workflows basis internal dependencies